About the Course:
Valuing customer relationships is crucial in performing intangible asset apportionment. This highly informative session discusses a variety of factors that impact the quality, predictability, sustainability and potential of customer assets. This webinar provides an in-depth review--and select accompanying examples--of the following core methodologies for determining the value of customer relationships:
- Multi-Period Excess Earnings Model
- Distributor Method
- With-and-Without Method
- Differential Cash Flow
Key insight regarding the pros, cons and instances of best use of the above methodologies was provided.
The following are among the issues discussed during this webinar:
- Determining customer life
- Accounting for backlogs, deferred revenue, and inventory step-ups
- Accounting for customer attrition and net customer gains
- Valuing customers in companies with network affects
- Assessing when customer relationships can have a negative value
- Determining contributory asset charges
- The sequencing of apportionment
- Determining whether or not to tax affect expenses when performing the cost method of customer relationship valuation
Course Leader: PJ Patel, Managing Director, Valuation Research Corporation
Mr. Patel specializes in business valuations as well as valuations of intangible assets including in-process R & D, software, trademarks, patents and copyrights. He has completed major engagements in the following industries: life sciences, consumer brands, and software. Prior to joining Valuation Research, Mr. Patel held the position of director, financial consulting, with Marshall & Stevens Inc. In this capacity, he valued public and private companies for financing purposes, tax and financial reporting, sales-leasebacks, litigation support, bankruptcy, and fairness and solvency opinions.
Mr. Patel holds the designations of chartered financial analyst (CFA) and accredited senior appraiser (ASA). In addition, he holds a bachelor of science degree from the University of Toronto, and a master of business administration degree from Canisius College.
Course Length: Approx. 1.0 hours
$175.00 PER USER
Need help purchasing this course? Please contact Neomi Barazani at 609-919-1895 ext. 100 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.