About the Course:
This session begins with an overview of the history, composition and operations of Minority Share Exchanges. Mr. Beaton discusses listing requirements; industry and stage-of-development representation on these exchanges; and, level of difficulty of obtaining information on companies listed on minority share exchanges.
The following are among the issues discussed during this fascinating webinar:
- When should you use "fair value" versus "fair market value" standards of value when using trading activity on minority share exchanges as comparables to a subject company valuation?
- What distortions might exist relative to the gap in the valuations of common and preferred shares traded on minority share exchanges?
- What kinds of fees are associated with listing and trading shares on minority share exchanges? How might these fees impact comparability?
- How might rights of first refusal on stock traded on minority share exchanges impact valuation?
- How should an analyst account for erratic trading activity on minority share exchanges?
- In what ways might important financial information about a company traded on minority share exchanges be limited or restricted?
Course Leader: Neil J. Beaton, Managing Director, Alvarez and Marsal
Neil Beaton is a Managing Director in Alvarez and Marsal's Valuation Services Practice based in Seattle. Mr. Beaton specializes in the valuation of public and privately held businesses and intangible assets for purposes of litigation support (marriage dissolutions, lost profits claims and others), acquisitions, sales, buy�sell agreements, ESOPs, incentive stock options, and estate planning and taxation. He also performs economic analysis for personal injury claims, wrongful termination and wrongful death actions.
Mr. Beaton has particular expertise in the valuation of early-stage, venture�backed companies and has written and spoken extensively on valuation techniques for companies with complex capital structures. He has been involved in over 300 depositions and has testified in state and federal court more than 75 times.
Mr. Beaton is the author of "Valuing Early Stage and Venture-Backed Companies."
Course Length: Approx. 1.0 hours
$175.00 PER USER
Need help purchasing this course? Please contact Neomi Barazani at 609-919-1895 ext. 100 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.